May 2020 COVID-19 Update
May 6, 2020
Dear Valued Patient:
We hope this update finds you well! Since mid-March, our office has been treating dental emergencies only, all the while preparing in important ways for a return to caring for your dental health. It’s time we reached out to share some of the positive changes we’re making to ensure your safety and comfort when we next see you in our office.
You’ve likely already noticed infection control is a priority in our practice. We’ve kicked it up several notches, following the latest guidelines from the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. You’re going to notice some changes in the way we care for you. Each of these items is designed to further protect both patients and staff.
- New health screening protocols, before your appointment and immediately prior to treatment.
- A new, convenient, paperless electronic records management system, including a patient portal, where you can complete paperwork ahead of time, check your records and make payments from the convenience of your home.
- A new check-in process, allowing you to connect with us by phone from your car, so time in the reception area is minimized. In many cases, you will be escorted directly from your car to a treatment area.
- New scheduling options and changes in our physical space to comply with social distancing recommendations.
- Enhanced infection control in our treatment areas, including additional protective equipment and disinfection protocols.
- A new Tele-dentistry portal, so you can access some dental services remotely.
Our staff has recently been tested and we are all negative for Covid-19. We will be screened daily, following prescribed guidelines to maintain team wellness.
In the coming weeks, we will be prioritizing care to first treat those whose appointments have been postponed but whose needs are more urgent. As always, if you have questions or concerns about any dental issues that have emerged during the Stay at Home period, please contact us via phone (217-793-7899) or leave us a note on our website (www.drschlosser.com).
This unprecedented period has allowed us time to really reflect on our blessings. We are so grateful for the level of trust and loyalty shown to our team over the years. We have pivoted during this pandemic to make changes designed to keep us all healthy. We look forward to welcoming you back to the office and continuing to care for you for many years to come.
Dr. Bill Schlosser, Beth, Diane, Kris, Kristine & Mandy